Explanation of the Special Sea Transport Operation Permit (SIOPSUS) according to the laws and regulations in force in Indonesia
Based on the Regulation of the Minister of Transportation Number PM 93 of 2013 regarding the Implementation and Operation of Sea Transportation (“Permenhub PM 93/2013”), Special Sea Transport Operation Permit (Surat Izin Operasi Angkutan Laut Khusus/SIOPSUS) is a permit granted to a business entity that carries out special sea transportation activities to support the main business for its own interests, using Indonesian flagged ships that meet the ship seaworthiness requirements and are manned by Indonesian crew members. This SIOPSUS is given to legal entities that carry out main business activities in the fields of industry, forestry, mining, fisheries, salvage and underwater work (Pekerjaan Bawah Air/PBA), dredging, construction services, and research, education, training, and other social activities.
What is the process to get SIOPSUS ?
As stipulated in the Regulation of the Minister of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia Number PM 89 of 2018 regarding Norms, Standards, Procedures, and Criteria for Electronically Integrated Business Licensing for the Transportation Sector in the Sea Sector (“Permenhub PM 89/2018”), the process for obtaining SIOPSUS is as follows :
- The applicant must first obtain the Business Number (Nomor Induk Berusaha/NIB) through the Online Single Submission (OSS) system. After that, the applicant will also get a SIOPSUS which has not been effective until the applicant has fulfilled all the required commitments stated therein;
- Following the above process, the applicant must also submit a SIOPSUS application to the Sea Transport Traffic Management Information System (Sistem Informasi Manajemen Lalu Lintas Angkutan Laut/SIMLALA) and fulfill the administrative and technical requirements for reviewed, checked, and verified by the officer. The process of fulfilling the requirements must take 20 days, 5 days for verification, and 5 days for correction.
- The Director General of Sea Transportation approves the SIOPSUS Approval Letter on the SIMLALA application.
- The applicant makes payment of Non-Tax State Revenue (Penerimaan Negara Bukan Pajak/PNBP) through the SIMLALA online system;
- The SIOPSUS Approval Letter will be given a letter number in the SIMLALA application, and sent automatically through the OSS system to activate the Business License.
- The SIOPSUS Approval Letter will be printed at the Directorate General of Sea Communications of the Ministry of Transportation of the Republic of Indonesia through the SIMLALA application as the basis for the issuance of SIOPSUS;
- The applicant can then visit the Ministry of Transportation to collect the SIOPSUS Letter Approval by bringing proof of PNBP payment;
- The applicant must then submit a report/notification of the license issued to the OSS Institute; and
- The applicant will have the effective SIOPSUS from the OSS system.
Thus, the general process for obtaining SIOPSUS is to first obtain a NIB through the OSS system and then submit an application through SIMLALA.
The brief description above is a general description of SIOPSUS. If you are interested in knowing more about the issuance of SIOPSUS, we Suria Nataadmadja & Associates Law Firm can help you.
Suria Nataadmadja & Associates Law Firm
Advocates & Legal Consultants