Procedures For The Application For Legalization of Child Born Out of Wedlock
The procedure for legalization of child born out of wedlock is carried out in the Court. For those who are Muslim, a court order request is submitted to the Religious Court. The Religious Court have the duty and authority to examine, decide, and resolve cases at the first level between people who are Muslim in the scope of marriage. As for cases in the scope of marriage, one of which is the determination of the origin of a child and the determination of adoption based on Islamic law.
Meanwhile, for those who are non-Muslim, a request for a court order regarding the legalization of a child born out of wedlock is submitted to the District Court.
The requirements for the application for legalization of a child born out of wedlock in the Court are as follows:
- The Application Letter is signed on a stamp duty by the Applicant (Husband & Wife);
- Photocopy of the Applicant's ID Card (Husband & Wife);
- Photocopy of Family Card;
- Photocopy of Child's Birth Certificate;
- Photocopy of the Applicant’s Marriage Certificate;
- Photocopy of Certificate from the Village Head regarding legalization of child born out of wedlock;
- Photocopy of Statement of Child Recognition by the Parent/Father (signed on the stamp).
Suria Nataadmadja & Associates Law Firm
Advocates & Legal Consultants