Litigation & Dispute Resolution
With experience over thirty years in litigation and dispute settlement, our litigation team have represented respected and well known banks and companies engages in variety of industries among others are mining, independent power producers, manufacturing, and securities. Our lawyers are qualified to represent client at district court, high court and supreme court of the Republic of Indonesia or other dispute settlement institution in Indonesia such as Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI), Indonesian Capital Market Arbitration Board or abroad such as Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC) or Hongkong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) or China International Economic and Trade Arbitration or Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration (KLRCA). We are also involved in dispute resolution cases involving creditors and debtors. The firm also assists and advises clients in the process of dispute resolution through arbitration in Singapore and Malaysia as well as in Indonesia. The firm’s assistance shall include the preparation of Affidavits and Legal Opinions, among other things as to the validity and applicability of certain laws and regulations of Indonesia. We assist our client in analyzing and discussing the case, preparing demand letter, gathering all evidence including finding related previous court judgements or decisions and proposing expert witness to strenghten the case, filing lawsuit and representing client at court proceedings. Our current notable cases are:
- Representing an Independent Hydro Power Producer company wholly owned by the People’s Republic of China in a case at Indonesian district and high court concerning breach of contract between our client with its local partners;
- Representing an Independent Steam Power Producer company in a case at Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) concerning a dispute against management service industrial area company concerning power supply agreement.
- Representing a Japanese manufacturing company in BANI concerning embezzlement of company funds by its chief executive officer.
- Representing a private Offshore EPCI Contractor in a case involving Indonesia’s government project in a case in Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) concerning a breach of contract between our client and its partner;
- Representing a private Offshore EPCI Contractor in a case against its partner concerning a cancellation lawsuit towards the BANI Decision (our client won and proceeded to execution stage in the relevant District Court);
- Representing a private Offshore EPCI Contractor to submit for an execution procedure in regards to the BANI and District Court Decision which obtained a permanent legal force;
- Representing a private insurance in negotiation with an international elevator company in regards to a situation that took place in the client’s office building;
- Representing a Japanese citizen in a Case in Civil Court, High Court, Cassation Court, until Execution procedure against an Indonesian Citizen for Tort and Breach of Contract Case, involving commercial and family matters;
- Representing 2 (two) Indonesian nickle mining companies against a local company, concerning a sabotage to the client’s properties and breach of contract;
- Representing a Japanese Representative Office in Indonesia against an International Bank concerning a Breach of Contract and merger issues;
- Representing an Indonesian textile company against 3 (three) international insurance company concerning breach of contract and insurance premium issues;
- Representing an Indonesian citizen against an Indonesian Tech Company concerning Breach of Contract and violation of Human Rights issues;
Representing an Indonesian citizen in a divorce case due to a potential domestic violence and financial mismanagement issues in a Religious Court;
- Representing an Indonesian citizen in a divorce case due to a principle difference in a District Court;
- Representing an Indonesian company against a building developer company concerning Breach of Contract;
- Representing an Indonesian citizen against an Indonesian mining company concerning Fraudulent Event and Tort issues;
- We also represented PT. Usaha Gedung Bank Dagang Negara (now PT. Bank Mandiri) and PT. Bank Niaga in collection of debts and execution of assets.
- We also provide legal advises to Bank Mandiri, which currently is the largest bank in Indonesia, concerning various laws and regulations in Indonesia.